Study Mode: Part Time
Course Code: QVCNT212
Course Level: Level 3
This course is ideal for you if you are working as a Building Services
Engineering Technician or associated role, overseeing work to service, maintain and commission services within a building such as planning and administering refurbishments of lighting, heating, ventilation, lifts etc and ongoing monitoring of energy and environmental control systems.
This apprenticeship framework will develop your knowledge and prepare you for an Industry role or for progression onto an HNC or HND or Degree level course.
Subjects you study include: - Six core units which are mandatory.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Building Services and Control Systems
- Building Services Science
You will study a further Six Specialist units which are selected to provide students with a broad knowledge of Building Services, an example of which are:
- Project in Construction and the Built Environment
- Ventilation and Air Conditioning in Building Services Engineering
- Fluids - Static and Dynamic in Building Services Engineering
- Plumbing Technology in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical Principles in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical Installation Design in Building Services Engineering
This course will be delivered in partnership with your employer, one day in College at the Blossomfield Road Campus with the remainder of the week spent in your place of work under the direction of your employer.
The work in College it is predominantly classroom based with units such as surveying and Setting out in Construction taking place outside.
If you successfully complete all units, you will be awarded:
- A Full Framework Certificate
- Please note: For September 2017 all current BTEC qualifications are being revised and some content may change.
- Level 2 Functional Skills In Maths, English and ICT (If required)
- Employers Rights & Responsibilities.
The part of your Apprenticeship that you follow at College is assessed through written assignments and practical observations.
The part of your apprenticeship which is followed in the workplace will be assessed during regular visits of a college assessor.
Apply on line at www.solihull.ac.uk or at Student Services either at the Blossomfield Campus or Woodlands Campus.
Or directly with your employer.
If successful, places are offered after interview at Blossomfield Campus
To enrol the course you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be employed as indicated above
- You need a minimum of four GCSEs at Grade A/8 - C/4 including Mathematics & English Language and ICT or an equivalent qualification such as a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Construction or Engineering at Merit or Distinction Level
- A place on the course is subject to a successful interview
There are no direct additional costs for this course but you may want to purchase some text books for further reading, a suggested reading list will be supplied at the beginning of your course.
Continue with employment in the Industry
Progress onto either a Higher Apprenticeship, a HNC/HND in Building Services or a Foundation Degree in Construction.
Solihull College, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB Tel: 0121 678 7000 Minicom: 0121 628 7005 Email: email@example.com Internet: www.solihull.ac.uk
Not Applicable to 16-18 year olds