Study Mode: Part Time
Course Code: QVCNT211
Course Level: Level 3
This course is ideal for you if you are working as a Civil Engineering Technician or associated role, carrying out civil engineering tasks, developing and finalising civil engineering solutions, establishing and implementing health and safety for civil engineering personnel.
This apprenticeship framework will develop your knowledge and prepare you for a career in the Industry or progression onto an HNC/HND or Degree level course.
Subjects you study include: - Seven core units which are mandatory.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Construction in Civil Engineering
You will study a further five Specialist units which are selected to provide students with a broad knowledge of Civil Engineering, an example of which are:
- Graphical Detailing in Construction
- Structural Mechanics in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Further Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Civil Engineering in Construction
- Structural Analysis and design in Construction
This course will be delivered in partnership with your employer, one day in College at the Blossomfield Road Campus with the remainder of the week spent in your place of work under the direction of your employer.
The work in College it is predominantly classroom based with units such as the project taking place in a suitable location.
If you successfully complete all units, you will be awarded:
- A Full Framework Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills In Maths, English
- Please note: For September 2017 all current BTEC qualifications are being revised and some content may change.
The part of your Apprenticeship that you follow at College is assessed through written assignments and practical observations.
The part of your apprenticeship which is followed in the workplace will be assessed during regular visits of a college assessor.
Apply on line at www.solihull.ac.uk or at Student Services either at the Blossomfield Campus or Woodlands Campus.
Or directly with your employer.
If successful, places are offered after interview at Blossomfield Campus
- You must be employed as indicated above.
- You need a minimum of four GCSEs at Grade A/8 - C/4 including Mathematics & English Language or an equivalent qualification such as a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Construction or Engineering at Merit or Distinction Level.
- A place on the course is subject to a successful interview.
There are no direct additional costs for this course but you may want to purchase some text books for further reading, a suggested reading list will be supplied at the beginning of your course.
Upon completion fo the apprenticeship, you can:
- Continue with employment in the Industry
- Progress onto a Higher Apprenticeship, HNC/HND in Building Services, or a Foundation Degree in Construction.
Solihull College, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB Tel: 0121 678 7000 Minicom: 0121 628 7005 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: www.solihull.ac.uk
Not Applicable to 16-18 year olds