Study Mode: Full Time
Course Code: SPABF081BCF0
Course Level: Level 2/3
his course is for students who want to go into employment or an apprenticeship in the sports industry. You could progress on to:
- Employment in the leisure industry or in a sports club coaching
- Apprenticeship coaching in primary schools (subject to successful application)
The two main qualifications on this programme are the Level 2 1st4Sport Certificate in Supporting Learning in PE and School Sport and the Level 3 1st4Sport Award in the Principles of Coaching.
Alongside these, you will complete the Sports Leaders UK Community Sports Leaders Award. You will also cover first aid, safeguarding, and child protection.
It is a full time course for one year that will be delivered across the academic year with both theoretical and practical elements alongside any English and maths requirements and tutorials.
- Industry Recognised Qualifications – Level 2 Certificate PE and School Sport, Level 3 Award in Principles of Coaching and Level 2 Sports Leaders Award
- Functional Skills / GCSE if appropriate (English & Maths)
You will be assessed through a range of theoretical and practical work during the course. You will have a booklet to complete for the sports leaders award.
You get a place through applying for the course, undertaking a successful interview, a positive reference to support the application and meeting the entry requirements.
- Two GCSEs at grade C or above,
- an NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership, including Functional Skills/GCSE English and Maths,
- a BTEC/OCR Level 2 Diploma in Sport.
This programme is designed to provide the necessary vocational experience and qualifications for those looking to enter employment. You will get an insight into working in the sport and leisure industry through real work experience with a range of ages and abilities.
The course will provide you with the industry-recognized qualifications that employers, in schools, clubs, and leisure facilities, are looking for, as well as the employability skills that separate you from the competition.
- Employment in the leisure industry, at a primary school, or in a sport club
- A Coach in School Apprenticeship (subject to successful application)
Solihull College & University Centre, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB Tel: 0121 678 7000 Minicom: 0121 628 7005 Email: email@example.com Internet: www.solihull.ac.uk
Not Applicable to 16-18 year olds