Study Mode: Part Time
Course Code: QTO3ZS03
Course Level: Level 3
This course is for candidates who are currently employed in the health and fitness sector as a Fitness Instructor who wish to develop their knowledge and skills further and become a Personal Trainer.
Throughout the course, you will study:
- Anatomy and Physiology for exercise and health.
- Programming exercise for a range of different clients.
- Instructing exercise for a range of different clients.
- Fitness Testing and Assessment.
- Principles of Nutrition as part of a physical activity programme.
- Health, Safety, and Welfare in the Fitness Environment
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
Attendance is based around current employment commitments - this will be discussed at interview, however some attendance at college will be required.
NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (QCF)
You will be assessed through the following:
- Multiple choice exam papers.
- A portfolio of written gym plans over a 12 week period.
- Delivery of a 12 week training plan in a range of environments.
- Observations of a range of Personal Training sessions with clients.
- Observations of a range of fitness tests with clients.
- A nutritional consultation and action plan.
Applicants will need to attend a compulsory College interview if they pass the application stage.
- Applicants MUST have a Level 2 Fitness Instructing (GYM) Qualification.
- Applicants MUST be employed in the health and fitness sector as a Fitness Instructor.
- Applicants will be exercising in a gym environment on a regular basis - a good knowledge of cardiovascular machines, fixed resistance machines, and free weights is essential to join the course. This will be assessed at the start of the course.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Applicants must be 18 years old to join the course.
Successful applicants will be required to purchase course manuals and a polo shirt. The polo shirt is worn as uniform when in college. Successful applicants are also expected to provide appropriate exercise clothing to wear in the gym.
Course Manuals and Uniform costs are £100
Good levels of English and Maths are important for your success in your course, your chosen vocation and life. Throughout your course you will continue to develop your English and Maths skills in your vocational classes.
If you haven't achieved an A*/9 - C/4 grade in English or Maths at GCSE, or a Level 2 Functional Skill, you will also be working towards a qualification in English or Maths at a level that will enable you to progress towards these grades.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview. If you need help completing your application we can help with this too.
Solihull College offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
You will be able to begin working as a Personal Trainer in the health and fitness environment.
You will be able to study towards additional exercise and fitness qualifications to improve your teaching skills and employability options (e.g. Circuit Training, Studio Resistance.)
Solihull College, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB Tel: 0121 678 7000 Minicom: 0121 628 7005 Email: email@example.com Internet: www.solihull.ac.uk
Not Applicable to 16-18 year olds