September: What will it look like?
Recent Government advice suggests most students will be able to study in College provided they study in defined groups (bubbles), minimise contact with other groups, and follow the measures the College has put in place:
Student and Staff Safety
This is our priority. We are following government guidelines and have undertaken a full risk assessment (which is being constantly reviewed) to ensure appropriate measures are implemented to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission. These will include:
- Social distancing measures across campuses
- Classes taught in ‘bubbles’ where practicable
- Blended learning to include online delivery as well as face-to-face where appropriate
- Regular cleaning of classrooms and common areas
- Hand sanitiser available across campuses and in classrooms
- Staggered start/ end times and separate allocated entrances to ease congestion
- PPE issued for specialist subjects where required (we continue to monitor and follow Government advice on this).
- New! In the light of recent Government and PHE advice, the College is encouraging all students, staff and visitors to wear face coverings in public areas, such as reception and corridors. There remains no requirement to wear a face covering within the classroom.
The Government have provided guidance for parents and students returning to College in September:
What parents need to know
The College has also prepared a booklet with details of measures put in place:
A Guide to Social Distancing at College
Facilities & Campuses
Our facilities set us apart from other institutions and construction work has continued throughout the summer to make sure new facilities are ready for students. Take a look at the facilities waiting for you this September:
If you’d like to familiarise yourself with the campuses, you can take a look at our 360 tour which works like Google street view. Click through the assigned paths, or fly direct to the area you’d like to explore.
Closure Of Club Vitalize, Aspire Hair & Beauty And Conference Facilities
Following Government guidance to restrict non-essential contact, we have taken the decision to close the Club Vitalize gym facility, the Aspire Hair & Beauty Salons and conference facilities.
We hope that you are excited to join us in September. If you have any questions about the measures we are putting in place, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org