This Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Construction is for those who seek a varied, highly valued qualification, with the practical and theoretical tools of the construction industry, to progress on to a number of high earning jobs within the sector. Our course offers unique training from industry experts which can lead to careers in areas such as architecture, land surveying, building control, civil or structural engineering and building management.
The Extended Diploma is the second year of study that consists of a further 9 units being completed following on from successful completion of the 90 credit Diploma with study being made up from the following units:-
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
Other units typically include:-
- Project Management in Construction and the Built Environment
- Measuring, Estimating and Tendering Processes in Construction and the Built Environment
- Economics and Finance in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Mechanical and Electrical Services in Construction
- Further Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment (optional unit required for some degree course)
- Property Valuation in Construction
- Civil Engineering Construction
- Planning Procedures in Construction
- Building Regulations and Control in Construction
This course is predominantly classroom based with units such as Surveying in Construction taking place outside and drawing units delivered in a design classroom.
Construction & The Built Environment Extended Diploma
The course is assessed through written assignments which are assessed and graded during your course as well as practical observation and written tests. If you successfully complete all units.
If successful, places are offered after interview at Blossomfield Campus.
You need a minimum of four GCSEs at Grade A/8 - C/4 including Mathematics & English Language or an equivalent qualification such as a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Construction or Engineering at Merit Level.
Good levels of English and Maths are important for your success in your course, your chosen vocation and life. Throughout your course you will continue to develop your English and Maths skills in your vocational classes.
If you haven't achieved an A*/9 -C/4 grade in English or Maths at GCSE, or a Level 2 Functional Skill, you will also be working towards a qualification in English or Maths at a level that will enable you to progress towards these grades.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview. If you need help completing your application we can help with this too.
Solihull College offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
After you have completed the course, you could progress to:
- HNC/HND in Construction,
- Foundation Degree in Construction related courses such as Civil Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Technologist, Construction Management, and Building Surveying,
- Employment at technician level within the construction industry or higher level apprenticeships.
N/A For 16 to 18 Year Olds