The course is intended to give an overview of the regulations and teach the candidate how to use the regulations books to gain information, so they may install an electrical installation to required current standards.
The course is for those wanting to practice to become qualified electricians. The IEE Wiring Regulations are the British Standard to which all commercial, domestic and industrial electrical installation works must comply.
The use of the regulations book covering:
- Principles, Object and Scope of the Regulations
- Definitions and Terminology Used in the Regulations
- Requirements for Overcurrent Protection, Cable Sizing and Voltage Drop
- Earthing Bonding and Shock Protection
- Requirements for Inspection and Testing
- Special Locations
10 evenings, (1 per week) at 3 hours per evening.
Requirements For Electrical Installation BS7671:City & Guilds 2382-12
On line City & Guilds examination
All places will be offered after a successful interview.
A minimum electrical qualification to Level 3
It is envisaged that you will carry out 3 hours of home study per week
City & Guilds 2394/5, the qualification for the inspection and testing of electrical installations. Both domestic and commercial/industrial testing.