This course provides a unique opportunity to experience taking the controls of a modern jet airliner simulator and guiding it through some of the world's most evocative locations including landings take offs and various navigation exercises in a state of the art simulator housed in a purpose built facility. This course will provide a fascinating insight into modern aviation and will provide you with many fun filled memories.
This course is designed to be informative and fun. During each of the 2 hour sessions you will be given the opportunity to take 2 flights one as Captain and one as First Officer. You will be one of only 2 course members and will work together as a team under the direct supervision of the course leader who as a qualified aeronautical engineering lecturer can guide you through all of the technical details. The course is built around 5 modules
- Week 1 An introduction to the course and flights from Birmingham to London and a flight around the capital capturing some of the sights.
- Week 2 Mountains and oceans, we will fly across the Alps in a round trip from Salzburg to Innsbruck in Austria, and experience the fun of landing at the tricky Oceanside Tenerife airport.
- Week 3 tests your new skills as the instructor will input some aircraft systems failures as you each take the controls for flights around the Grand Canyon and into Las Vegas at night against the glittering backdrop of the illuminated strip.
- Week 4 It's your choice take your pick of any airport in the world and your instructor will guide you in planning a route into and out of your chosen destination. New York, Hong Kong, Sydney, or perhaps somewhere that has a personal appeal. Either way the choice is yours.
- Week 5 Miracle on the Hudson. Your chance to experience some of the excitement of an amazing aeronautical event. We re-enact that flight, only this time you are at the controls! The course will finish with a tour around our aeronautical centre allowing you the chance to examine at close quarters our Jetstream aircraft. We conclude with the award of certificates and you will have the chance for any photographs you may wish to take.
Throughout this course you will have the services of a dedicated member of staff who with a class of only 2 will be able to give you friendly tailored tuition whatever your level of experience or knowledge. During the course you will have exclusive use of the flight simulator and associated learning facility and there will be complimentary tea and coffee.
The course leads to a college certificate which will detail all of the flights you have undertaken both as captain and as first officer.
This is a course intended to provide you with knowledge but above all fun. As such there is no formal assessment although the instructor is happy to provide a debrief at the end of each session guiding you in your areas of strength and weakness.
As this is a very exclusive course with very restricted numbers we expect the course to quickly filled so to secure your place please contact the college on 0121 678 7000
There are no entry requirements for this course
The simulator facility has been designed as a safe area. However we suggest that high heeled shoes and tight clothing be avoided so as to allow you to enjoy the experience in comfort.
This course is a stand-alone course. If you wish to continue your interest in aeronautics or in many other areas please consult our website for details of courses held in the evenings.