You can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair and Media Make-Up course or work within a beauty salon as a make-up specialist or freelance make-up artist or within department store for a cosmetic company.
The programme consists of the following units:
- The art of photographic make-up
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon - Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Apply make-up
- Photographic make-up
- Face painting
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Learners may study GCSE or functional skills Maths and /or English as an important part of the course
- Work experience of a minimum of 30 hours
- Independent learning at home completing activities set by tutor
Full time programme based at Blossomfield Campus.
VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up Studies
Maths and/or English qualification (if required)
Practical assessments, written assignments, oral questioning and online exams.
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up Studies (QCF) is a vocational qualification that will prepare you for further study at level 3 within the hair and media make-up sector. This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over. If you are interested download an application form or apply online. Attend an interview bringing an up to date reference and school report.
Good attitude, keen and enthusiastic
Positive reference from school
Grade D/3 in English language
You will need to purchase a kit and uniform.
You can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up or work within a beauty salon as a make-up specialist or freelance make-up artist or within department store for a cosmetic company.
N/A For 16 to 19 Year Olds