This course is the first level of the full AAT qualification. It is ideal for you if you are currently working in accounting, or want to work in accountancy or finance.
- Bookkeeping Transactions (Preparing and recording financial documentation through to trial balance)
- Bookkeeping Controls (Use of control accounts and reconciliations to detect errors and the correction of these errors using journals)
- Using Accounting Software (Processing accounting data using Sage 50 and generation of reports)
- Elements of Costing (cost recording and analysis, inventory management and valuation)
- Working effectively in finance (covering communication skills, understanding of role and function, managing self and team working, ethics and corporate social responsibility)
Lessons will involve workshops, lectures, group work, directed study, computer packages, tutorials and individual work.
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
Each unit is assessed by a computer based exam set and marked by the AAT. These 5 exams will be held in class time wherever possible, but it may be necessary to hold the computerised accounting exam outside of class time, dates and times will be given to you at the start of the course.
Places are offered by interview only. It may be possible to conduct some interviews over the telephone depending upon your existing qualifications and experience.
AAT Level 1, GCSE English and Maths Grade C/4 or above or completion of a diagnostic test to assess your literacy and numeracy. This will let us see if you will be able to meet the entry requirements and if the course is appropriate for you.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview.
The standard course runs from September to June, while fast track options are available running from September to December or January to June.
A minimum of 90% attendance is expected.
This course is also available as an apprenticeship if you are in relevant employment.
Students who are successful on this course can gain suitable positions in an accounting/financial environment or gain promotion within their organisation.
Successful students who meet the attendance requirements will be offered a place on the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.