The Certificate in Professional Marketing qualification gives you the practical skills and knowledge to devise and execute tactical marketing activities. It is ideal for those who have completed the 'CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing' or those wanting to consolidate their marketing experience to date and develop their careers in this field.
The qualification is aimed at those who are working in supporting marketing roles, usually within the marketing function, but also targets individuals in more senior roles, particularly in SMEs, where marketing is only part of their role.
The typical profiles of people who might take this qualification could include:
- Marketing assistants
- Marketing co-ordinators
- Marketing executives
- Marketing managers without formal marketing qualifications
- Existing marketers wanting to become more specialist.
The qualification is made up of individual Awards as follows: there are two mandatory units and one elective in order to gain the full qualification:
1. Marketing: marketing concept, analysis and insight and the marketing mix.
2. Integrated communications: internal marketing, value proposition and marketing communications.
1. Customer Experience: customer context, customer experience and measuring and monitoring customer experience.
2. Digital Marketing: digital landscape, the digital tool kit and digital in action.
The course runs over one academic year.
Classes are one evening per week 6.30-9.30pm, with occasional day time assignment workshops or revision sessions.
Classes are interactive, involving the tutor's presentation of key concepts, followed by group work and discussion.
Students are expected to research marketing concepts and practice, as well as preparing for assignments and exams outside the classroom.
Individual units can be studied separately starting in September, January and April costing £425. Enquire for further info.
CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing
- Assessed via examination - Marketing
- Assessed by assignment - Customer Experience
- Assessed by assignment - Integrated Communications
- Assessed by portfolio - Digital Marketing
Places are offered by interview or telephone interview and depends on your qualifications/ work experience.
To qualify for this course you will need to meet at least one of these criteria:
Any relevant level 3 qualification, any Bachelors degree, CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing, International Baccalaureate. PLUS - At least one year in a marketing role.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide us with evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 proficiency or Trinity ISE III/IV.
If you have learning difficulty or disability please let us knows when you apply. You will be offered support at your interview.
The start dates detailed below are for each module of the course:
Marketing - September 2017
Integrated Communications - January 2018
Customer Experience - April 2018
Digital Marketing - April 2018
Solihull College & University Centre offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
Successful candidates can progress to the Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing