This course is available to individuals who are employed within the care sector. The course will cover everything from communication and completion of records to the support, protection and well-being of others. Applicants will also develop their own knowledge and practice with in the health and social care industry.
Completion of this course will assist with your continuing professional development and career progression.
The apprenticeship framework consists of the following:
- QCF Diploma in care which is a vocational qualification which ensures the apprentice is practically skilled
- Preparation to work which is a knowledge qualification which gives apprentices knowledge and expertise about the sector and their work
- Key Skills or Functional Skills which ensure good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities which is a taught component on employment responsibilities and legislation governing this.
- The course will cover everything from communication and completion of records to the support, protection and well-being of others. Applicants will also develop their own knowledge and practice with in the health and social care industry.
Apprentices are employed members of staff, working a minimum of sixteen hours per week. You will be required to attend training one day a week. This may be college based or provided in the workplace.
Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
Assessment of the Key Skills/Functional skills is both portfolio and examination based. You will produce a range of evidence that demonstrates your ability to communicate and work with numbers.
Assessment of the vocational based qualification is e-portfolio or portfolio based supported by observation of working practices. The knowledge based qualification is portfolio based.
Places are offered by interview, please contact the care centre to discuss suitability.
No formal qualifications but the learner should be working at a level 3 standard and be employed as a senior health care worker in an adult care setting.
Initial diagnostic tests will be carried out to ensure you are signposted to the correct level of qualification or identify if further support is needed.
Solihull College offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
You will need to discuss career opportunities with your course tutor and manager upon successful completion of the course.