This course is ideal for you if you are a new middle manager or are hoping to become a middle manager in the near future. It provides a wide range of knowledge and skills required to carry out this role.
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
- Principles of Operational Leadership and Management in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Finance
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
Sessions contain a combination of individual and group work, including discussions, case studies, presentations, debates, research, workshops and tutorials.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
To obtain this qualification you will be expected to attend regularly and pass ten written assignments.
Places are offered by telephone interview only.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements you should be able to:
- Benefit from the programme (i.e. it should be part of a planned approach to your managerial development)
- Be able to complete the assignments (this would assume some developed skills in written communication and mathematics and the ability to access appropriate information within your organisation)
Solihull College & University Centre offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview.
If you are successful on this course you can be considered for progress onto:
- Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Leadership and Executive Management
- Level 5 NVQ in Management