The Business and Management programme is an ideal choice if you are looking for a degree that builds on your previous study and offers completion of an Honours degree. It offers you the advantage of the opportunity to obtain Honours degree level proficiency in just one year and a half of study.
This part time programme is designed to prepare you for a broad range of careers in management, business and related areas. The study of specific areas and functions of business combined with the development of evaluation and analytical skills will enable you to respond creatively to the issues faced in business and management.
You will study modules in:
- Developing Self & Developing Others
- Dissertation in Business & Management (Double Module)
- Alternative Perspectives on Management
- Strategic Futures, Insight & Design (Double Module)
- Leading and Managing Change
- Perspectives on International Management or
- International Marketing
The part time mode of study requires you to be at college either one afternoon and one evening per week OR two evenings per week. Attendance is an important part of the course and you need to attend all sessions.
BA (HONS) Business and Management Final Year Top up Awarded by Oxford Brookes University.
Assessments are through continuous course work and exams. These assessments will take various forms suitable to a business environment and will contribute towards your employability skills.
As this course is validated by Oxford Brookes University and is a part-time programme students can apply directly to Solihull College.
The entry requirments are: -
- Foundation Degree in Business, Management and Communications awarded by Oxford Brookes University, successfully gaining 240 credits and a 55% grade average Foundation degree in Business and Management or related disciplines in Business, successfully gaining 240 credits and usually a 55% grade average, subject to individual credit rating by Oxford Brookes University.
- A Higher National Diploma from another institution, successfully gaining 240 CATS credits with Merit Profile at Level 5 under the Subject Benchmark Statement for Business and Management QAA subject to individual credit rating by Oxford Brookes University.
- Students who have completed 240 CATS credits at Levels 4 and 5 under the Subject Benchmark Statement for Business and Management QAA (usually achieving at least a 55% grade average over the Level 5 modules) at another institution within or outside the UK may be considered, subject to individual credit rating by Oxford Brookes University and may be required to pass one or two bridging modules at the College before they can enter the BA (Hons) programme.
External applicants will require to provide Learning Outcomes and Grades of their Modules achieved at Levels 4 and 5 for credit rating by Oxford Brookes University. Course costs: Semester 1 & 2 = £3570 Semester 3 = £1875 If you have Learning Difference or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview.
If you need help completing your application we can help with this too. You need to budget for purchasing text books as maybe required. Solihull College and University Centre offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
You can progress from the course onto a Master's degree or into employment.