Study Mode: Full Time
Course Code: QET1ZI01
Course Level: Level 1
If you want to work within the field of electrical installation, this full time course is designed to give you an introduction to electrical installation theory as well as the opportunity to develop your practical skills.
It is suitable for school leavers
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Health and safety
- Communication skills and the installation of wiring support systems and circuitry
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology.
Practical sessions in the workshops, underpinning knowledge sessions GCSE or functional skills .
C&G 7201-01 Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation.
Continuous assessment and portfolio building. Written exams.
Complete application form and interview.
To enter you will need to pass a College assessment and have a minimum D/3 grade in Maths and English.
You need to be interested in electrical installation and be able to work with your hands.
You will need steel toe capped boots and supply normal study equipment. The portfolio is supplied by the College but has to be completed by the candidate.
Progress onto Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 2365-02 Level 2 Diploma
Solihull College, Auckland Drive, Smith's Wood, Solihull, B36 0NF Tel: 0121 678 7000 Minicom: 0121 628 7005 Email: email@example.com Internet: www.solihull.ac.uk
Not Applicable to 16-18 year olds