Current Student and Staff Links
For existing staff and students who wish to gain access to our online services from outside the College.
Note: in order to access these services use your existing network account details.
Staff Remote / Working From Home Toolkit
As you will be aware the College will be closing to the majority of students and staff on Friday 20th March. During the period of closure it is expected that staff will work from home and that students will be supported to continue to learn online.
You can use the links below to access College systems.
- Your College Remote Desktop: hive.solihull.ac.uk
- Guide to accessing your remote desktop. how-to-connect-to-hive.pdf
- Setting up MFA (multi-factor authentication). registering-for-mfa.pdf
- www.office.com – link to Office 365 (access to Word, PowerPoint, Excel Online, Microsoft Forms, Sway and Teams from your browser).
- moodle.solihull.ac.uk (a direct link to Moodle).
- Office 365 Basics
- Teams for Beginners Moodle Course
- Quick Start Guide Microsoft Teams
- Guide to setting up your Microsoft Class Team
- Facilitating and Supporting Online Learning – Guidance for Staff
- Supporting your Mental Health While Working from Home
Remote IT Support (Do not click unless instructed to do so.)