A Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer's role includes designing and implementing exercise programmes for a range of individual clients, by collecting and analysing client information, to ensure the effectiveness of personal exercise programmes. A personal trainer should also actively encourage potential clients/members to join and adhere to regular exercise programmes, employing appropriate motivational strategies to achieve this.
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and pursue a career in personal training. It also provides access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
· Anatomy and physiology for exercise
· Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
· Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
· Principles of exercise, fitness and health
· Planning gym-based exercise
· Instructing gym-based exercise
· Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
· Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
· Programming personal training with clients
· Delivering personal training sessions
You will be required undertake an initial induction and some pre-course activities, to determine your career aspirations and programme's suitability.
The course will then be delivered across 6 weeks, which will include 4 block weeks of face-to-face tutoring (both classroom and gym-based) and 2 weeks of self-study.
Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training.
· Multiple Choice Examination
· Portfolio of Evidence
· Practical Demonstration/Assignment
Register your interest and we will contact you with a date for enrolment, or contact 0121 678 7181 / firstname.lastname@example.org
· Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
· The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
· There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication, pitched at Level 2.
SW Training UK Ltd has extensive and national links within the fitness industry and will be able to advise you of the skills required to secure sustainable employment.
Please contact the Employer Services Team for more information regarding funding and costs: email@example.com
Upon completion of the programme, you can progress onto:
· Qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training in the health club environment or own business.
· Qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 Standards, such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management.
· Other academic courses, such as the National Diploma in Sports Studies; A-level PE and HND in Sport & Leisure.
SW Training UK Ltd