This qualification is a requirement for learners who wish to gain the DVSA Certificate of Competence for MOT Testers.
- Safe working practices in the test centre.
- Working relationships within the test centre.
- Manage own professional development as an MOT Tester.
- Carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test.
- Carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test.
The course will be broken down as follows.
- Theory delivery of the course will take up half the time of the programme.
- Practical delivery will take up the second half of the programme.
The emphasis of these qualifications is on the acquisition of practical skills and knowledge that is needed for MOT Testing.
Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Classes 4 and 7)
Practical Assessments consists of the direct observation of an entire simulated, uninterrupted MOT Test.
Theory Assessments of Multiple Choice Questions with a pass mark of 80%
Apply online or fill in an application form from the college.
- Full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes you want.
- Skilled mechanic with at least 4 years.
- Level 3 qualification in Motor Vehicle.
You will need to acquire a set of steel toe cap boots and overalls for the practical elements of the programme before the start of the course.
How much will this course cost?
This course will cost £550.
You may consider doing an MOT Managers course.