This qualification is aimed at intensifying learners' autonomy and judgement so that they can strategically lead and direct organisations and their people. It offers the opportunity for learners to influence people practitioners and organisations.
It is suited to individuals who:
· Are experienced people practitioners
· Are working in a senior people practice role and wish to extend and deepen their skills and understanding to shape strategy, policy and people
· Wish to intensify their autonomy, influence and judgment so that they can strategically lead and direct organisations and their people
You will study eight units, covering a wide range of HR topics:
· 7CO01 Work and working lives in a changing business environment
· 7CO03 Personal effectiveness, ethics and business acumen
· 7HR02 Resourcing and talent management to sustain success
· 7OS01 Advanced employment law in practice
· 7HR03 Strategic reward management
· 7HR01 Strategic employment relations
· 7CO02 People management and development strategies for performance
· 7CO04 Business Research in people practice
This is a classroom-based delivery, and you will attend college each week (in term time) for the duration of your course. Sessions contain a combination of individual and group work. This includes discussions, case studies, presentations, debates, research, workshops and tutorials. The course starts in September and ends in June.
CIPD Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management and Associate membership of CIPD.
You will be assessed through eight, 4,000 word assignments.
Places are offered by interviews only. Interviews are normally conducted by telephone.
To fast track your enquiry/application please email your name, telephone number and email address to email@example.com. A CIPD tutor will then contact you directly. Please state which CIPD course you are enquiring about.
You should have a GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent in English and be educated to degree level (this includes CIPD level 5 qualifications) and be (or have been) working in an HR role. In exceptional circumstances, significant HR experience at strategic level will be considered if you do not have a degree level qualification, subject to an assessment.
You are required to attend college for six hours a week, plus four Fridays, attend tutorials arranged with your tutor and undertake self-directed study each week.
If you are not already a member of CIPD, you will need to join at the start of the course.
If you have Learning Difficulty or Disability, please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview. If you need help completing your application, we can help with this too.
Solihull College offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
Students who are successful on this course can upgrade to become a Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow of CIPD providing they can demonstrate the necessary skills and behaviours.