The qualification would be useful for anyone who would like to develop their use of counselling skills for use in either work or in a personal capacity. These may be learners who wish to progress towards further qualifications, or learners who wish to study this programme in order to complement other programmes (eg health and social care; children's care, learning and development; voluntary and community work).
This qualification aims to:
• introduce learners to the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work and some of the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
• develop counselling skills
• understand the different approaches involved in the use of counselling skills
• appreciate the importance of self-development.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Using counselling skills
• Unit 02 Introduction to counselling skills theories
• Unit 03 Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
• Unit 04 Counselling skills and personal development
Online only. 7 week duration.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling skills
Online assessments. Internally assessed.
Register your interest by either calling 0121 678 7000 Ext 6022 or emailing email@example.com
Learners need to be over 19 years of age.
Our online qualification is best suited to those who are already working in a helping role and using active listening skills.
You must be aged 19+ and be a British or Irish citizen that has lived within the UK for at least 3 years. You must also be based in England; however, some postcode exclusions apply - please enquire for confirmation of eligibility. In addition to this, please note that participants cannot be currently enrolled on an apprenticeship.
These courses are fully funded at zero cost unless they are not completed and learning materials are retained by the learner; please note that in these circumstances, there is a £125 fee.
Polite Health warning for this course we do not recommend counselling training if you are currently receiving any therapeutic or medicinal support for anxiety or depression related issues or have suffered a recent bereavement.
THIS QUALIFICATION DOES NOT QUALIFY LEARNERS TO PRACTICE AS A COUNSELLOR
If you are new to Counselling skills you may benefit from the support of the 12 week classroom based course instead please see website for details or contact Lynne Reveley on firstname.lastname@example.org
• progress to similar qualifications at a higher level
• progress to a role in which counselling skills are used.
Stratford-upon-Avon College, Blossomfield Campus