By 2040, the number of people aged over 64 in Britain is expected to grow from 9.5 million to 15 million. The population is ageing, meaning more people will live with serious chronic illness and need end of life care. The problems faced and support needed by people nearing the end of life is wide-ranging and a good understanding of pain management, support and quality of life, is essential for all carers.
· Develop knowledge and understanding of end of life care
· Covers topics including the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
· Understand how dementia impacts on end of life care
· Learn the role of the care worker at time of death
· Learn the loss and grief process
12 weeks distance learning (3 assessments)
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care
Assessments will be marked by an allocated tutor who will provide you with detailed feedback. You will be assessed against criteria where all learning outcomes of the course have to be covered; your tutor will give you guidance for this.
Register your interest and we will contact you with a date for enrolment, or contact 0121 678 7181 / email@example.com
No specific entry requirements, but an initial assessment will be completed at enrolment.
You must be aged 19+ and be a British or Irish citizen that has lived within the UK for at least 3 years. You must also be based in England; however, some postcode exclusions apply - please enquire for confirmation of eligibility. In addition to this, please note that participants cannot be currently enrolled on an apprenticeship.
These courses are fully funded at zero cost unless they are not completed and learning materials are retained by the learner; please note that in these circumstances, there is a £125 fee.
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
Stratford-upon-Avon College, Blossomfield Campus